Wednesday, June 9, 2010

For this map, I decided to not use the topographic layer to make the map more readable. It was too difficult to see the locations of the animal types. This quad did not have any mammals. (I did not forget to add them.)

For this project, the biggest challenge was getting the raster topographic map to appear in line with the rest of the layers. It took a lot of trial and error, a phone call to Amber and reading other student's suggestions to get the projections to cooperate. It felt so good when everything finally lined up!

The graph for the length of the most sensitive shore types did not come out as well as I would have liked. I used the graphing function in ArcMap and either I missed something, or it has very limited functionality. I would have liked all of 10A to be one bar, etc. Maybe next time I will try doing the graph in Excel and importing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment